Sunday, July 6, 2014
What would Swirlydoos be without our wonderful subscribers?!? It's a pleasure getting to know these ladies on the forums and from the stories they tell through their layouts. Yes,we are an amazing community, but most of all, we're a family! We appreciate each and every member and they deserved to be spotlighted. With that being said, our featured member for July is.....
 
Jan Penny

 
 
  
Here is a bit from Jan:
 
Hello, my name is Jan. I live on beautiful Lake of the Ozarks with my husband and two remaining fur babies. I have two children, Brandon and Allison, that both go to college in St. Louis so we are empty nesters now. Since my daughter moved out, I took over her bedroom as my new scrap room. I now have a beautiful view of the lake as I scrap.

I began scrapping in 2008 after much arm twisting. My sister started scrapping several years before me. She tried to get me into it but I would have nothing to do with it. I did not think I was crafty enough and I didn’t want to spend the money. A quarter for a piece of paper just seemed ridiculous! Then, a girlfriend asked me to come to a Creative Memories party. I refused, she insisted. So, I came only to watch her one month old so she could scrap. Then, she had another party a month later and insisted I come and participate. Well, I did and that was that! I became hooked and had to buy pretty much everything. My sister was happy I was scrapping but a little miffed that I wouldn’t listen to her!


It didn’t take long for the Creative Memories way to bore me. I wanted more. I started searching for scrapbook clubs online. Still nothing really impressed me. Finally, after a year of searching I found Swirlydoos. I joined in July of 2009 and haven’t missed a kit since. I definitely love the shabby style-distressing, flowers, and butterflies! Oh my! But, I love to play around with grunge once in awhile, too. My sister and I get together often for scrap marathons. And, I’ve met many of the Swirly sisters at Swirly camp over the years.


When I’m not feeding my scrap addiction I love to read, cross-stitch, or work on other crafty projects that I’ve discovered through Pinterest. You can visit my blog at
 
 
 Here are a some of my favorite projects of Jan's, sure to inspire you!!
 
 
 

 
Click to view full size image
 
Click to view full size image

Please come back and visit every first Sunday of the month to see who our next featured member will be! We love our Swirlygirls!!
 


1 comments:

Merrihew said...

Congratulations on being "Featured Member of the Month", Jan! It was so nice to get to know you a little more!

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed