Thursday, May 7, 2015
 
Hello everyone. Today it is my turn to share my projects which were made with the April kit.
We had some huge delay, with product coming in, so we are not on our regular schedule.
Anyway... I need to warn you, cause this post is photo heavy!
 
When my kit came in, I started on the sketch (shown above) right away.
I did mirrored it and left the center piece without a picture.
This sketch is so gorgeous.
 

The buttons are wood buttons from my stash, which I sprayed with the pink shimmer that came in the Medium AddOn. The metal lamp post came in a previous Swirlydoos kit.
 

I added a few layers of lace to the bottom of the page and used up some older Prima flowers. The chipboard pieces you see here are from a special, Dusty Attic order. It was a gate chippie which I cut apart.
 

The ornate scroll was treated with Dimensional paint and while that was still wet, I sprinkled some of the glitter on it. Both the paint and glitter came in the Medium AddOn.
 

Here's a mix of flowers. Some came in the kit, some in previous kits and there are some handmade flowers as well. The leaves, is a Magnolia die, I LOVE this die, and I used the paper that came in the kit, do diecut the leaves. Then sprayed them with an olive color spray.
 

The little blue flowers are handmade. I first sprayed white cardstock with a light blue mist and then punched 2 flowers, inked them up, added stamens and stacked them together, using Beacon 3 in 1.
 

On this center piece, which is actually a Prima marketing box (wood embellies) I added some PP and a little piece of canvas, which is a little raised. I'm planning on doing a little journal album, which will be hold by the white twine. And then using a picture of the Dutch ladies, which I crop with.
 

 Here you can see the dimension this page has.
 
Enjoying the Spring sun.
I sooooo loved that border on the left side. It was on one of the papers and I just had to fussy cut it.
 

There were also some flourish designs which I fussy cut, and to get even more of these... I traced them with a pencil a cut out quit a bunch.
The stenciled crackle was made using a crackle stencil of course, but the colored goop, is Gesso mixed with the glitter from the Medium AddOn.
 


When you look closely to the right bottom you can see 1 of the Transperant Bo Bunny Doilies.
And ohhhh how much I love these butterflies!!!!!!!
 

 Here another Bo Bunny doily and a gorgeous Butterfly by one of our DT member, ANGELICA.
She sells them on her Etsy shop, and so much more. It is so worth to pay her a visit
 
Cutie Pie
I had so much fun with this page. Lots of playing with mist, stamps, stencils.... love that. And of course That smiling face of my little grandson.
 

I loved the metal fence that came in the Main Kit, just gave it a coat of white Gesso.
The stamping you see in the background are some older Prima clear stamps, and a Kaisercraft stamp.
 

A few years back, doodling was one of a thing, your layout couldn't do without. And to be honest I loved it then, and still use this technique. Again, I used some older Prima flowers and some handmade ones.
 



Some more handmade flowers. The doily came in a previous Swirlydoos kit, and If I'm not mistaken.... this is from Melissa Francis or Martha Stewart.... I'm not complete sure.
 

 The title was made from a Prima Marketing sticker sheet, that came in a previous kit. The capitals, are just plain wood feneer alpha's which you can probably buy in any craftstore.
 
Blanco card 
 If you only could see this in person.
I really put my heart into this card and I love how it came out
 
 The little resin came in a previous Swirlydoos kit. The frame was printed on one of the papers in the kit and I just fussy-cut it out.
 
 Love how dimensional this card is. The (olive colored) paint is by Dusty Attic. I just put a blob on my finger and spread it on the edges
 
 I did some stenciling and inking and then by using glossy accents, I splattered it in the center of the frame. The rose is handmade out of fabric and treated with some Iridescent Medium.
 
Also in the Main Kit there comes white seambinding ribbon. I colored mine by spraying it with an olive color mist and then I added some Distress paint (Shabby Shutters) this gives it a really nice sturdy feel to it.
 
I hope you enjoyed watching my projects.
 
 


4 comments:

Peggy Giovanetti said...

Paulien, these ARE gorgeous!!!!
I love all of the creativity that you put into your pages and yes, that stunning card is so obviously heartfelt!!!
Thanks so very much for the inspiration!!!!!!

Merrihew said...

Gorgeous projects, Paulien! Love your card with all of it's beautiful details!

Kim said...

Beautiful projects Paulien. Your grandson is such a little cutie.

langeatheart said...

Gorgeous projects love them all! Love the diecut leaves!! What die is that?

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed