Sunday, September 1, 2013
What would Swirlydoos be without our wonderful subscribers?!? It's a pleasure getting to know these ladies on the forums and from the stories they tell through their layouts. Yes,we are an amazing community, but most of all, we're a family! We appreciate each and every member and they deserved to be spotlighted. With that being said, our featured member for September is.....

LaQuette Akins  AKA QT

Here is a bit about QT:


My name is LaQuette “QT” Akins. I have been married to my wonderful husband for 8 years and together we have 2 children.  I am an engineer by day and a scrapbooker at night. I have been indulging in all forms of art since I was a little girl. When planning my wedding, the idea of designing my own wedding invites lead me into my first scrapbook store ever.  I was amazed at all the products and papers that the store carried. That’s when I decided to investigate this craft of preserving pictures of my family.  My obsession with scrapbooking and cardmaking didn’t truly form until 2006 with the birth of my daughter. I was a SAHM at that time and wanted to preserve every sweet memory of my daughter life.

In 2009, with the birth of my son, my desire for a creative outlet grew stronger and I was able to manage scrapbooking and making invites on a more consistent basis. As I started following blogs, I ran across a blog post for Swirlydoos Kits and I fell in love. So I joined the Swirlydoos forums in November 2010 and by January 2011 I was subscribing faithfully to Swirlydoos. The members at Swirlydoos always made me feel so welcome and at home. I feel like I gained many friends and sisters while being a member and actively participating in the challenges.

I feel that my style is more Shabby Chic but it is forever growing and changing.  I love using different mediums on my projects while learning new techniques. Scrapbooking has truly become a part of my everyday life. I love to be inspired and love to inspire others as well with my work. Please visit my blog at any time:  lsadesigns.blogspot.com
Here are a some of my favorite projects of QT's, sure to inspire you!!
Click to view full size image
Click to view full size image

Please come back and visit every first Sunday of the month to see who our next featured member will be! We love our Swirlygirls!!


6 comments:

Peggy Giovanetti said...

Fantastic!!!!
QT, congratulations and a huge "thank you" for all of your wonderful inspiration!!!!

L. Akins said...

Thank you very much for picking me as feature member for September. I am very excited and love being a Swirly Member.

Rea' said...

Awesome layouts, I love the colors and those small details "POP" !

Kim said...

Congrats. I'm so glad you found swirlydoos. That's how we met and you have become my little sister.

Wonderful projects. You do great work.

Mickie said...

Great layouts and your babies are precious.

Andiepants said...

Congrats to you doll!!! Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself :)

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed