Saturday, January 7, 2012

I am so excited to be bringing you the first tutorial for the education team. It is called emboss resist. It is fairly easy and makes your layouts and projects look fabulous.

I made a video to show you how it works. I hope you enjoy the video. I have written out the basic steps to do this technique. You can find these under the video.


You will need:
embossing powder
versamark ink
stamps
inks and sprays
heat tool
paper towel
distress tool


Step 1: Stamp desired images on your project using the versamark ink.
Step2 :Cover the stamped images with embossing powder.
Step 3: Dump excess powder back into the container
Step 4: Use your heat tool to heat set the powder. You will see the powder begin to melt.
Step 5: Spray desired amount of ink n your project. You can add as many colors as you want. I like to go light to dark.
Step 6: blotch off the excess inks and liquid.
Step 7: (optional) you can take you blending tool with some distress inks and in a circular motion go over the images to make them pop even more.

Can't wait to see your projects.

Hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Make sure you subscribe to the youtube channel.

Tiffany Morgan.

15 comments:

Amy said...

I can't get the video to load it keeps saying private but I'm subscribed - even double checked that I was. Am I doing something wrong? Oh I want to see it!

Unknown said...

Hi Amy, let me go check for you!

Unknown said...

Try it now~ Sorry about that. :)

Diana said...

Great tutorial! Can't wait to try it. This is something I think I could actually do. Is there any specific brand of embossing powder that is better than others? I have ones that are like a pack from Joann's that I bought years ago so I'm not even sure if they are any good anymore.

Unknown said...

Great 1st video. I'll have to give this technique a try. Can't wait for the next tutorial.

Tiffany said...

@Diana. I use some regular embossing powder from michaels. If you are just trying out embossing i suggest using a embossing buddy or I use a dryer sheet and what you want to do is rub it on the area you want to emboss and it will take away some of the static so you don't get any unwanted powder anywhere. Also I think that the powder is still good. I have had mine for a few years. They work perfect. :) Hope you try it out. I hope I answered you question.

Peggy Giovanetti said...

I'm still using my original Ranger clear from 3 or so years ago. I agree about the embossing buddy; Meg turned me onto this and the difference is incredible!!!!

@Tiffany, thanks so much for this!!! I never thought of using the blending tool to highlight; what a difference that makes!!!! I am totally going to try this out!!!!

Amy said...

Love this - I think even I can do it! Thanks for doing the videos!

Tiffany said...

Yes it does make a huge difference... especially when doing the technique on patterned paper and light colors as i used. :) so glad you liked it Peggy!

@Amy. So glad you liked it. Stay tune there will be more video tutorials.

Linda Pekrul said...

Great video! What a lovely technique. I even have all the stuff to try it!

Scraps of Elegance said...

For those that don't know what a embossing buddy is, or don't have one, you may also try pouring a little corn starch in a baby sock, tie it, and gently run the area you wish to emboss with your newly created "embossing baby sock".

Krissy said...

Joyce what a great tip!!! i always use a dryer sheet then lose it lol! im going to have to do that now!! :)

JadedStudios said...

Awesome technique Tiff thanks for the share!!!

Karen said...

Great video!! I love the technique and the finished LO is GORGEOUS!!!

Lisa said...

Thanks for the tips!! Great tut Tiffany!!

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed