Monday, January 30, 2012


CHAW 2012 - DAY ONE REVIEW

Hello my lovelies!!! Well, here it is 1:30 (ish) in the morning, and it has been a VERY long couple of days here in S. CA so far! The 2012 CHA show is finally under way, and I have got a LOT to show you, so grab your cuppa Joe (or whatever it is that fills your mug) and follow along!

I got in to CA yesterday afternoon, and headed up to Chino to Prima Marketing's headquarters! WOW! You have never in your LIFE seen so much prima goodness! Floor to warehouse ceiling of brand new released Prima? *shudder*

Anyway - got off track there.... While visiting with the beauties at Prima (Pom, Shannette, Adam & Porfi) I had the rare and very special opportunity to meet with Miss Anna Dabrowska, better known in the scrapbook world as Finnabair. This woman is absolutely SUCH an incredible artist! Her clustering techniques are known all over the world, and I was fortunate enough to sit in on one of her classes!


Anna is such a kind and attentive instructor, always taking great care to ensure that each of her students receives her attention, and has a complete understanding of the technique at hand!

With Anna's expert guidance we were able to create a wonderfully fantastic grunge layout!


Sunday, January 29th - DAY ONE

Let's Go!




I always love to look at the new art pieces on display at CHA! I am always so inpsired after being in the company of such amazing artists as Donna Salazar - who's new Chipboard birdhouse is pictured below.




If you've ever had the pleasure of attending a CHA Show, you are aware of just how elaborate some of the displays can be! Well, for this show - DCWV did not disappoint. Below is a tree located in their booth. Beautifully appointed glass bowls adorned with beads and gemstones were lovingly hung from it's branches. This sucker was GORGEOUS! I MUST figure out where they purchased those bowls!




Also in the DCWV booth, were these equally impressive and GORGEOUS displays made from DCWV paper lines!


And here is one last display goodie for you. This beautiful dress was on display at the Connie Crystal booth. The entire ensemble was created from paper and crystals!




That's all I have time for right now guys - but I got my NIKON working (yay! no more cell phone pics) so I'll be scouring the show getting the good shots of the good stuff!

I'm off to DAY TWO!






6 comments:

Rae said...

Yay! Thanks for update Miss Krissy!I can't wait to see your FINISHED project from Anna's class!

Unknown said...

So excited to see your updates, Krissy! Yay about the Anna Dabrowska class - I'm hoping and praying and keeping everything crossed that her new 7 Dots line will find its way into one of our Swirly kits.

Enjoy yourself!

Merrihew said...

Thanks so much for sharing the photos, Krissy! Some really fantastic, artistic displays! Can't wait to see what else you see! Have fun!

Cheryl

Lynne Forsythe said...

OH My Word......a class with Finnabar....soooo on my bucket list!! Can't wait to see more gooodies!!

Unknown said...

AWESOME!! I wanna see your project! love the displays!!! Thanks for the report!

Diana said...

Love CHA updates! Can't wait to see your project. How awesome to be a part of all of that!

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed