Friday, June 23, 2017
Hey everyone, I'm back with my full reveal of projects created with the Swirlydoos May *Spring Grunge* monthly kit. This kit is so jammed packed with the gorgeous papers from Prima and Blue Fern Studios. You have to get one, if you don't already subscribe. Here is a look at this gorgeous kit and add-ons again;
May kit full 2017

My first layout is based on the monthly sketch challenge.

Here is the sketch again:
May sketch 2017


Here is my take on the sketch. This kit is full of beautiful papers with wonderful textures and my favorite colors of pinks and corals. This is an older photo of me taken on a fall photo shoot.

 The kits and add-ons are jam-packed, so I used very few things from my stash. A piece of metal, a stamp and the resin mushroom. I kept the layout very simple to show off the texture in the paper and my stamping.
May 2017 sketch

 Next up is another layout. This one was created for the "All that Flutters" challenge. It's a challenge to create a layout/project using anything that has wings i.e butterflies, dragonflies, bees, angels you get the picture.
 I started with the Blue Fern Studios paper and chipboard dangle from the kit.  Then I grabbed some extra chipboard, lace, cheesecloth, glitter glass and the small coral flowers from my stash. I really love how this one turned out.

May 2017 ATF

Next up is another layout.. I created this using a photo I found on the internet (don't know who to credit the photo).
I had so much fun creating this.I did some masking, stamping and misting on the background. I add lots of art stones and glitter glass to this once I was done.  A few of the  flowers for this came from my stash.
  May 2017 reveal



Next up is my tag for the Project Add on. I kept it pretty and simple. I primed the tag with some white gesso, once dry, I used the molding paste from the mixed media kit. For my color, I used distress crayons we got in a past project/tech kit. I used a water brush to blend the colors. The swirl was made using a prima mould and ice resin we got in another past project/tech kit.
I added a few small flowers and the butterfly, topped it with some black splatters (black gesso and water) and title chippy. DONE!
May 2017 project



That's all I have for now, so thanks for stopping by. Don't forget, if you’re ready to start getting perfectly coordinated, top of the line scrapbook kits delivered to your door, please visit us at www.swirlydoos.com. Mention my name (Kim) when you subscribe and you’ll receive 10% off your first kit, AND a coupon good for 30% off your entire purchase in the Swirlydoos.com store!
DT-KIM

0 comments:

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed