Monday, April 27, 2015
 
 
 
Happy Monday everyone!
This card tutorial is up a little later than planned, due to updating the site.
But, here it is!
**************************
And here's how it came together.
 
I cut my base card at 5.3/8 x 7.1/2. The fold is on the left.




I cut another piece of PP at 4.1/8 x 7.1/4 I distressed and inked the edges.

The first 2 layers were glued like this.

Then I cut this piece of PP at 3.3/8 x 5.3/4

I tore it like so, and lightly distressed the edges and inked them up.
 
          The triangle piece was also inked using Walnut Stain Distress Ink. See those thin stripes?

To create them I simply pinched the paper

 And dabbed the crease onto my inkpad (walnut stain)
And this is how it came out. I love the delicate distressed inked marks
 

 I glued the triangle peace right to the pink paper.
The floral piece was raised using a piece of cardboard.
However, I didn't glued it down yet.
 I cut another strip of PP at 1.1/4 x 6.3/8 The patern of this strip. is on the back of that pink paper below in the picture.

I spritzed the paper strip with water. Once on the front, once on the back. Then start to crumple it
up/ruffle it up, till I liked it. Then I wrapped some thread around it and glued the ends of the thread
to the backside, using hot glue.
 From the smallest doily that comes in the Main Kit, I used the marked piece
And glued it from under the floral paper. The ruffled strip was glued at the right top and I added 3 Pearls on top of the thread.
 
 I cut a little tag (from cardstock) at 3.1/2 x 2.7/8
I distressed and inked the edges and added some thread.
 Yes, it is true, I cut this beautiful piece in half, and used the bottom half on my card.

I placed it under my tag, which was raised with cardboard. I started to shuffle my other embellies around until I liked it. The butterflies were first treated with Distress Paint Picket Fence.
Whilst the paint was still wet, I sprinkled 1 of the butterflies with Diamond Dust Ultra Fine glitter. The other one got sprayed with a plum color mist.
Ater that dried I added some Stickles in Diamond.  
 
After I glued everything down, I added some beads under the doily sticker that comes in the Main Kit.
 
Using Stazon in Jet Black, I stamped my sentiment.

 The pearls on the tag were glued down using Beacon's Gem-Tac.
I was about to call it done, but found that it was missing something.
 So I took the little half, sticker doily and glued a few beads to the backside and on the bottom part
of the doily I added 2 layers of (leftover) chipboard.
When the beads were dry I placed this little sticker, from under my tag. Like so
 
This is how the sticker flows above the background paper, only because of the added beads underneath. I often use beads to raise things. Especially when I work with acetate pieces.
And now, I officially called it done.
Below are some close up's of the card.
I hope you like it and that the tutorial gave you some inspiration.
 




THANK YOU, for being your patience and for your ever so lovely comments.


 
 


3 comments:

Peggy said...

Your card is beautiful!!!! I love all of the layering and the way that you've used the bits and pieces to create it; thanks for sharing this!!!!

Rae said...

Paulien, this is stunning! I just love all the small details!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Beautiful! Gonna have to use some of your ideas to create a Mother's Day card. Thank you for the inspiration.

Robin (ddcdragonfly)

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow by Email

SwirlydoosKits Video Tutorials

Loading...

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream