Sunday, March 3, 2013
What would Swirlydoos be without our wonderful subscribers?!? It's a pleasure getting to know these ladies on the forums and from the stories they tell through their layouts. Yes,we are an amazing community, but most of all, we're a family! We appreciate each and every member and they deserved to be spotlighted. With that being said, our featured member for March is.....
*Jeannie von Brauch*
Here is a bit from Jeannie:
 
My name is Jeannie von Brauch. I've been married to my lovely husband since 1985. We have two grown daughters, ages 23 and 27. They provide me with lots of scrapping fodder and not always willingly ( I steal things from Facebook, lol) If you don't want Mom to scrap it, don't post it anywhere Mom goes. We also have two sweet/annoying doggies...Scout the yorkie, and Bravo the vizsla.

I've always enjoyed drawing and sketching and I've always loved photos...must have zillions..not that I am in any way a good photographer. My dad started that by taking photos of everyone, everywhere and I and my 4 siblings took after him...at every family event there were always at least 7 cameras. My sister got me into scrapbooking in 2003 and I loved it right away. What a great way to help me organize and decorate all these photos. At first my style was plain and simple and I did lots of multi-pic 2 pagers. Then I started noticing the beautifully embellished layouts and I fell in love with the romantic, shabby chic style. A couple years ago I noticed lots of my favorite artists mentioning Swirlydoos. I checked into that and the rest is history. I loved the beautiful layouts in the galleries here and knew I wanted to do stuff just like that when I grow up. I joined at the end of 2011 and I'm so happy I did. I treasure those kits and being part of the Swirly community. I want to try some mixed media but I have to admit that still scares me a little. I love seeing what everyone is doing with pastes and inks and paints and gesso. That's my next step.
 
Here are a some of my favorite projects of Jeannie's, sure to inspire you!!
 
Click to view full size image
 
 Click to view full size image
 
 Click to view full size image
 
Please come back and visit every first Sunday of the month to see who our next featured member will be.

4 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

Wow!! Gorgeous projects!!!Congrats on being featured here!

Merrihew said...

Congratulations on being featured member for March, Jeannie! I enjoyed getting to know you better. Love these LO's!

Peggy Giovanetti said...

'Grats!!!!!!
So glad to see you as featured Savage, gladder to read your bio!!!!!
Love the selected LOs, the one on the bottom is one of my all-time favorites!!!!

Andiepants said...

I love your LO's Jeannie!!! So wonderful to get to know you a little bit more;)

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed