Sunday, October 10, 2010
Once In A While,
Love Gives Us A Fairytale...

And this one is Jennifer's fairytale. Let her tell you the story...

"My husband and I met when we were teenagers. I was at a small concert in SF and was stuck standing behind some tall guys and I couldn't see. Anyway through the crowd I see this guy smiling at me. He reached out his hand and pulled me through the crowd to stand next to him right in front of the stage. It was very gallant and sweet. It was love at first sight for both of us. We dated long distance for awhile but things sort of dissolved due to our youth, the distance, starting college, etc. Anyway ten years later I was stuck in a miserable relationship with my son's dad, trying to stick it out and avoid a nasty custody mess, when I found him on My Space. It happened to be his 30th birthday too! We became friends again online and then fell in love all over again. This time I just knew he was "the one." He gave up a great job and moved up to be with me. Two months later we were married on his 31st birthday! He rescued me from a very bad situation, became a second father to my son, healed my heart in so many ways, and re-connected me with a part of myself I thought was lost. He is my Prince Charming, my Knight in Shining Armor, and My Hero. I love this photo so much because I remember that moment so clearly. There was truly a sense of Sanctuary for us both and such joy and relief to finally be together as husband and wife."

Can you believe that Jennifer has only been scrapbooking for a few months??? You are a natural.
I love the words that have been used to describe this LO.
Enchanting
Magical
Fairytale like
All we know is that it is just incredible and stunning...
Congrats Jennifer on such an inspiring piece of art. And Congrats on finding your Hero...He sounds like an incredible man.

3 comments:

Merrihew said...

Gorgeous LO! I knew as soon as I saw this LO that it would be Layout of the week! Congratulations, Jennifer!

BlessedinTexas said...

Amazing...both the journaling, the layout and the outcome of what could have been anything but what it is today. I am so happy that she hung in there and found her knight for both her and her son. God is so good and hears our prayers indirectly and directly. Love your choice for so many reasons this week and am so appreciative of being a follower here for this very reason.

xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I just came across this blog by pure accident... and I'm glad I did. I've been looking around and I simply love what I've seen. Especially this LO. every thing about it is so inspiring. The story, the beautiful art work, the title and I even feel in love with the dress.

Congrats Jennifer and God Bless your family.

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed