Friday, September 24, 2010
I thought I would share my Acrylic lo and a few little ideas to create it. This 12x12 Acrylic piece came right in the Main Kit. I have been wanting to do one for awhile, just a bit reluctant. This was so much fun, so for those of you that have not tried it........DO IT!!!

Using the Main Kit and a little something pulled from each of our Add on kits, I had a beautiful mix of product to work with. And this is what I did.......


I covered the Acrylic with a thin layer of craft paint, using a sponge. Placed the patterned paper underneath the Acrylic so the pattern came through slightly under the paint.


And from that point I started putting my patterned paper in layers until I had the arrangement I wanted. I used the distress ink vintage photo heavily on my papers. I tore the edges of the papers and then ran them through the Zutter. Really getting rough with the paper edges along with inking gives you that worn old look.


I love to use lace with my papers! I cut a small circle of lace inked it and placed it on the Vintage accent piece. It matches the lace along the other side. Making random cuts to your lace and inking it quickly and gluing it on, will add to your page and that antique look. It's so easy!





Pull out your Acrylic and other product goodies from your September "Mon Amour" kit and have fun creating!!

6 comments:

Angelica said...

Wow Tina!!!! FABULOUS!!

Unknown said...

This is just gorgeous!!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wonderful job. I used my acrylic piece last weekend but can't reveal it until next Friday! Love how and yours turned out .. and mine too!

Unknown said...

WOW Tina!!! First let me just say how happy I am to see your work again. *big grin*. Second, this is so inspiring. I love love love this. Just blows me away. TFS!!!

LISA said...

Absolutely breathtaking!!! Thank you for sharing all of the techniques you used!! just beautiful!

Anna Fearer said...

This is so pretty!!

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed