Monday, November 24, 2014
Hey Savages, It's Kim here with more layouts from the November *Beloved* kit. This was such fun and versatile kit to work with. You could do romantic, vintage, girlie or masculine layouts with this kit. It just appeals to all styles. Plus all the extra add-ons, just so much you can do with this kit.

I created this layout for a friend. Her daughter was pregnant and she chose a photo from the photo shoot they had done. 

I get really nervous when I do projects like this. I think it says a lot when people ask you to create for them. personally, I want to create something that they will love. 

The photo she gave me says a lot about her daughter and her style. This kit was perfect for it, and I let the picture dictate the mood and style. 

I tried to incorporate lots of texture in the layout. I didn't want it to be too feminine. there are lots of layers going on here. I didn't do any mixed media (gasp) on this layout, as it wasn't really my friends style.

I used elements from the main kit, the embellishment, cardstock and flower add-ons. The doily, lace and die cut are from my stash.

I am happy to report that my friend and her daughter loved the layout. My friend is also a proud new grandmother to a beautiful granddaughter.

My next layout is another travel picture of dh and I in Europe. This photo was taken while we were visiting Windsor Castle.


Now this layout has lots of mixed media. I used some gesso on the background paper and added some mist. Then did a bit of stenciling with some dreamscicle  shimmerz. After that I added some stamping with a few different texture stamps. 

I just layered up on the goodies after my background was complete. I used some scraps and the journal cards that came in the embellishment add-on. I dug around in my chipboard stash and used a few pieces here and there. Again, lots of texture going on. 

If you can see the little tag buried by the flowers on the top left side. That tag actually has journaling on it (BIG GASP!!)! Shocked, I know so am I. I'm terrible at titles and journaling on my pages.

This layout is also my entry into one of the challenges on the forums. I am bringing up the tail end for my team in the round robin. 

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my second reveal for the November *Beloved* kit. Remember if you’re ready to start getting perfectly coordinated, top of the line scrapbook kits delivered to your door, please visit us at www.swirlydoos.com. Be sure to mention my name (Kim Heard) when you subscribe and you’ll receive 10% off your first kit, AND a coupon good for 30% off your entire purchase in the Swirlydoos.com store!




0 comments:

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed