Sunday, June 2, 2013
What would Swirlydoos be without our wonderful subscribers?!? It's a pleasure getting to know these ladies on the forums and from the stories they tell through their layouts. Yes,we are an amazing community, but most of all, we're a family! We appreciate each and every member and they deserved to be spotlighted. With that being said, our featured member for June is.....

Katyoparty aka Patty Sieck
 
Here is a bit about Patty:

I am married for 24 years with two extremely handsome grown sons and one ornery little dog. I discovered scrapbooking in 2003 when I happened upon a website called the The Scrapbook Society--long gone now but it was a kit club with a big focus on combining scrapbooking and mixed-media techniques. I've been completely obsessed with both scrappin and mixed-media ever since. I would characterize my style as eclectic--I adore flowers and hearts and dragonflies but I also love grunge and found objects and texture. I am a bit of a technique junkie and I love to experiment. I embrace the unexpected and have learned more from my mistakes than from anything. I enjoy making cards and layouts and altering books and I am currently having a love affair with mini-albums and art journaling.

I discovered Swirlydoos in October, 2012, when I went to a Paper Expo here in Colorado. I felt like I entered Scrapbook Wonderland when I entered the gorgeous booth with all of it's beautiful creations on display! I was greeted warmly by Krissy and she showed me around and didn't bat an eye as I practically drooled over the layouts and off the page projects! I hadn't belonged to a kit club for years but I was immediately excited to join as soon as I saw examples of the kits and the techniques being offered. I snapped up a couple of the past kits and the coordinating embellishment kits and started counting the days waiting for my first kit to arrive. Within a day or two I logged on here to Swirlydoos.com and joined the forums and the rest is history! The people here at Swirlydoos are genuine and friendly. There are loads of talent and learning and sharing going on and plenty of laughs. Every kit is chock-full of the most awesome paper and flowers and embellishments--always a thrill to receive! I love participating in the monthly challenges and round robins and there are tons of tutorials to keep ideas flowing! Can you tell I love this place???

Thank you Swirlydoos for growing my artistic endeavors and for featuring me this month!!

Katyoparty aka Patty Sieck

Be sure to check Patty's Blog: http://artoutwithyourheartout.com
 
 
Here are a some of my favorite projects of Patty's, sure to inspire you!!
 
Click to view full size image
 
Click to view full size image
 
IMG_0770_28500x49829.jpg
Click to view full size image
 
 
Please come back and visit every first Sunday of the month to see who our next featured member will be!
 
 

0 comments:

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed