Sunday, November 28, 2010
I thought, there are many things to be thankful for. Family, friends, happiness...But what is more important than LIFE..It is a precious gift...And so this week, to close out the holiday weekend, I give to you this very beautiful, very touching, very personal LO..By our very own Kimberly Heard.

Life's not the breath you take, the breathing in and out
That gets you through the day,
Isn't what it's all about
Just might miss the point
if you don't slow down the pace
Life's not the breaths you take
but the moments that take your breath away...


THANKFUL FOR LIFE



Here is Kims story in her own words...
This was a really tough one to do. About 3 yrs ago my dear husband started having back pain and went to see his doc. He was sent to a neurologist. This went on for about a year. Finally after his symptoms continued to progress, he had a head cat scan done. They found not only a brain tumor, but the tumor had grown a cyst. I was schedule to go out of town the next day. He insisted that I go and he would take that time to talk to his family.

The day after I left he spoke with his brother and sister and wasn't feeling well. He thought it was stress. So he decided to stay at his sisters. I got a call the next morning that he had either a stroke or seizures. His sister was in a panic and didn't know. I immediately flew home. Turns out he was having multiple seizures and they were unable to get a hold of his neurologist. The neurosurgeon that was on call was wonderful. several day later he had surgery and the tumor turned out to be non-cancerous.

It has been 2 yrs since his seizure/surgery and he has been fine. So I am thankful for LIFE.

************************************************************ ******************

Thank you Kim for sharing your miraculous story with us. Life is such a blessing...




4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Such a gorgeous layout (love the colors and design) and a touching heart felt story behind it. Thank you for sharing and inspiring us to be thankful for life!

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

beautiful and heart wrenching at the same time. I am so glad he is better! You are truly blessed!~

Krissy said...

(((((((((((((((((Kim)))))))))))))))))) I can't even begin to imagine what you and your husband went through. Thank God for miracles. Give that man a hug from us! Gorgeous layout- and I'm sure it was extremely difficult for you to do...

Kisha said...

Congratulations Kim!! I know I've said this many times over, but you create the MOST FABULOUS LO's ever! Everytime I think of what you and your husband went thru it tugs at my heart. I thank God for the gift of life.

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed